Thursday, January 6, 2022

My Talk Today.

I mentioned Turkey several times in this short talk--I still lack energy but am getting better, but not enough to elaborate on all points. But keep in mind the Turks. 

Erdogan is obsessed with pan-Turkic ideas but he could be reminded really fast that Turkey is still not in the league which allows to form civilizational entities in the 21st century. It is not 14th century. Nowadays it takes a bit more than superficial race commonality to form a "world" of your own. I know most Russians would be horrified by the pan-Slavic ideas today and Russia is much more powerful than Turkey. And I mean much more. Something tells me that very many Turks would rather improve their beautiful country economically and prosper than pursue some geopolitical chimeras.

No comments:

Post a Comment