I don't like Joe Biden. I don't like him not because of his Russophobia--I've seen worse. I don't like him as a human because he is a low life scumbag--an embodiment of everything what went wrong with America's so called "elites". Not only he is badly educated and has no business expressing his opinions on geopolitical issues, he has no business to be in politics because he is completely detached from geopolitical reality and has no qualifications to competently influence important geopolitical decisions. It is his militant stupidity which is awe-inspiring. If anyone wonders--Ukraine's "project" was to a large degree Joe Biden's brainchild. We all know how it turned out. It was on his watch, together with Barak Obama, that US-Russian relations have been destroyed almost completely. So, yes, Joe Biden is an idiot. Yet, this imbecile together with some help of yet another US "diplomat"--a euphemism for foreign policy headless-chickenry published a piece in Foreign Affairs with rather a telling title:
Needless to say that neither Joe Biden nor his sidekick can have any sensible advice on how to "stand up to Kremlin" for two reasons:
1. US elites in general have zero knowledge of Russia or her intentions. In fact, if that would have been a zero it would have been better, since it would exclude a possibility of delusion the US lives in regards to Russia. But we all know that--this whole blog is dedicated to this specific issue;
2. NO, I underscore, no current American politician and many in top military brass know what real military power is and what its application entails. American catastrophic military record and inability to win any war since Korea is a great testimony to this. American civilian leadership in general is completely detached from any realities of warfare and is not qualified for developing any workable strategies.
So, here is the guy, a former VPOTUS, who, apart from having no clue about Russia, offers an advice on how to stand up against it. And his first "salvo" reveals a depth of his ignorance:
At its core, this assault is motivated by the Kremlin’s desire to protect its wealth and power. The Russian regime that emerged from the ashes of the Soviet collapse consolidated immense authority and privilege in the hands of a small cabal of former intelligence officials and oligarchs. They appear strong from the outside, but their power remains brittle at the core—a fact that Putin and the top members of his regime understand better than anyone.
This, folks, is an exhibit A of the reason for why the United States finds itself in the situation it is today--that is of a dramatic loss of its standing in the world and finding rather humiliating limitations of own military and economic power.
1. The "passage" about consolidation of authority and privilege in the hands of oligarchs obviously completely ignores the fact that it was precisely this "cabal" of "former intelligence officials" which not only "concentrated" privileges but somehow, surprise, surprise, re-nationalized huge chunks of Russia's strategic natural resources and manufacturing resources from the hands of the US controlled and, often, supported fifth column of criminal banksters and real oligarchs, who are responsible for a calamity of 1990s. Obviously causality between this and Putin's genuine immense popularity is beyond the grasp of these two clowns. Biden simply doesn't know what is an overwhelming support of a nation.
2. For Biden, who never worked any normal job a day in his life and prostituted himself to a Congressional politics and has a mentality of a provincial rag from Cranston, it is difficult to grasp the abyss which separates his, Biden's so called "knowledge" and the knowledge of said Vladimir Putin. What Putin understands is beyond Biden's grasp--he simply has no background for that. He probably never heard that many in Putin's "cabal" are actual scientists and people who held very serious positions which required an incredible level of expertise across the whole spectrum of activities crucial for Russia's economy and security.
As one example, Sergey Chemezov, who is currently a head of a monstrous Rostec Corporation which employs directly more than half-a-million people, not only has a Ph.D. in economics but completed his post-graduate degree in the Military Academy Of General Staff. The significance of the latter is difficult to overstate. In other words, very many people in this "cabal" (aka Siloviki) somehow have incredibly impressive academic credentials, not to speak of running structures of which our Cranston boy-lawyer have no clue, unless it was explained to him by Congressional Research Service. Biden is a professional in BS. What kind of "briefings" he and Obama were getting in the White House is a separate topic, since the impression one gets from their actions after that is that briefings were done not by intelligence professionals but by Larry, Curly and Moe. But never mind, Biden is still on the offensive, he gets another shot:
To safeguard its kleptocratic system, the Kremlin has decided to take the fight beyond Russia’s borders to attack what it perceives as the greatest external threat to its survival: Western democracy. By attacking the West, the Kremlin shifts attention away from corruption and economic malaise at home, activates nationalist passions to stifle internal dissent, and keeps Western democracies on the defensive and preoccupied with internal divisions. This allows Moscow to consolidate its power at home and exert untrammeled influence over its “near abroad.”
Well, Russian system certainly still has kleptocratic elements in it but it sure as hell improved since early 2000s, US Congress, however, didn't--it was busy selling the United States to the left and to the right, from Israel to Saudi Arabia, to anyone who would pay more. As Phil Giraldi brilliantly observed today:
And Congress is to a certain extent the source of all evil, as its numerous committee meetings gorge on advice from experts who are frequently anything but, reflecting the hardline views of many of the legislators themselves with nary a contrary opinion in sight. A recent session of the Senate Armed Services Committee featured a statement by leading neocon Eric Edelman. His presentation is hawkish in the extreme, with particular focus on Iran and Russia. It can be summarized briefly by citing some of the section headings: “Adopt a post-ISIS Strategy for Syria and Iraq,” “Develop Credible Military Leverage Against Iran,” “Recognize Russia as an obstacle, not a partner,” “Increase internal pressure against the Iranian regime,” and “Enforce nuclear restrictions on Iran.”So it’s garbage-in and garbage-out on how much of the government gets a large percentage of its information.
So, the whole notion that current US legislators, AGAIN, most of whom never served a day in their life, can have any serious opinion on foreign policy or military-political issues is, frankly, preposterous. Overwhelming empirical evidence of utter corruption and stupidy is everywhere. So, the question then is this: what divisions? Wasn't Mr. Biden a VP to a President who, apart from being a pathetic mediocrity, left a legacy of a:
1. Acute crisis in racial relations in the US;
2. War in Syria, a crime against Libya;
3. Faux-recovery, which benefited mostly 1 percenters;
4. Destroyed Russian-American relations;
5. Reinforced suicidal cultural policies...
and many more. Wasn't Mr. Biden not only presiding but actively promoting this both homicidal and suicidal agenda? Sure he was. Now, when his totally corrupt and perverted Democratic Party and its candidate has been defeated in Presidential Elections of 2016, Biden finds nothing better than expound on a Russia-gate "theory" and continue to spew the whole article a certifiable delirium which has not a single evidence in real life to support outlandish claims. None, zilch, nada. By publishing this utter trash by frustrated ignoramuses Foreign Policy magazine, undoubtedly, didn't serve its reputation well. Yes, folks, it is worse than Soviet Union, it is Nineteen Eighty-Four all the way:
And finally, as more news breaks each day about the extent of Russia’s disinformation campaign and the tactics that Moscow used to manipulate public opinion and exploit the fault lines within U.S. society, it falls on all Americans to be aware and informed citizens. We must collectively reject foreign influence over our democratic institutions and do more to address the challenges within our own communities, rather than allowing demagogues at home and tyrants abroad to drive us apart. Putin and his cronies do not understand that the greatest strength of American democracy is an engaged citizenry. Even if the president refuses to act, we can.
I don't think that Biden and his ilk even understand that THEY are the main reason for those very serious fault lines in the American society and the only people they disinform are themselves. American elites are utterly corrupt, they are also responsible for wrecking the country to such a degree that one does concern himself with thoughts about the future of American Republic. With clowns like Biden it has none. America needs those treasonous, corrupt elites go. As Oliver Cromwell addressed Long Parliament in 1653:
It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.
Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?
Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.
In the name of God, go!